Something Worth Knowing

My readers may remember that Poteet Theatre went to compete in Washington at the National AACT Festival in Tacoma in June. As we expected they would, they came back with some awards which amounted to our production being given third place out all of the nation's community theatre companies that participated in their local community theatre competitions. In Tacoma there were twelve companies that were invited to compete, and any military base can enter a production.

Poteet's production of John and Jen was invited to an international competition in Heidelberg, Germany, and if we raise enough money, we are going to present it there in October! Of course, being an opera aficionado, I would have to visit some opera house in close proximity to the festival besides immersing myself in the local culture. From thence it is 2 hours and 44 minutes to Bayreuth, which is the home of Richard Wagner's famed opera house. The Stuutgart Oper is even closer at 1 hour and 17 minutes away. Unfortunately, I do not think that they have anything showing in October, and besides this small disappointment, I do not think that I could even dare to venture to Europe since my parents just watched the movie Taken.

Thank you for perusing this post.
-Tyler.

Comments

Popular Posts