The Coming Season, Part Two

Since my last post, I have learned of a few other interesting events in my state. At the risk of saturation, please indulge me to include them.
  1. Celtic Woman is making a visit to to Oklahoma City at the Ford Center on November 11, 2009. Although I am not familiar with more than a few of their latest members, my sister would at least like Chloe Agnew. My premature opinion is that they were at their best when they were comprised of Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Hayley, and Mairead (?). Their musical selections can become repetitive, but I am willing to bear some of the pop influences for some of their more traditional pieces. Look them up on YouTube if you have never before experienced them.
  2. The local universities are contributing to the world of opera with their respective productions of Die Fledermaus, Cosi fan tutte, and Don Giovanni. I would probably skip the Strauss comedy and devote myself to Mozart's operas since I understand that Die Fledermaus is annually presented by many universities. Without a suitable opera house within the hundred mile range, these universities offer me a chance of seeing Mozart performed live.
  3. Kristen Chenoweth is scheduled to perform with the Oklahoma City Philharmonic in 2010. Though she will invariably endear herself to us with her performances of Broadway songs, I wonder if she will offer any operatic arias for a diverse musical palette? I see this concert easily selling out far in advance of its date.

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope that everyone is enjoying their last few days of summer!

-Tyler.

Comments

Popular Posts